Friday, August 28, 2009

Success! I Survived Another Hysteroscopic Myomectomy

My most recent surgery was a success, but I am in PAIN! Apparently they didn't adjust the stirrups for my long legs. So my upper, inner thighs are very sore. Last night I put some of my moms menthol scented arthiritis creme on my thighs, and I put my hot water bottle on my belly. Isn't that a lovely mental image.

My abdomen feels like I was run over by a Jeep or maybe a small pick-up truck? Doesn't matter which way I turn I can't get comfortable sitting, standing, or lying down. I was puzzled by this as the hysteroscopic myomectomy I had in May was virtually painless. The only reason I stayed in bed for 3 days then was so I could read romance novels and have mom bring me food and pamper me.

Turns out with each procedure they do, the more fragile the uterus can become. Plus there are adhesions from my previous surgeries, I should have known that.

Apparently in addition to the uterine fibroid, I had a ruptured cervical cyst, a portion of which had become lodged inside me. I swear I am a walking medical disaster area. Fortunately, I have no internal stitches, they were able to remove that stuff and cauterize the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment