Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rambling Thoughts

Some people say, "God never gives us more than we can handle." Sometimes I wish God didn't trust me quite so much.



It's a beautiful day out. Bright sun, minimal clouds, kids playing and riding bikes in between hopping in and out of their kiddie pools. It was a day that made me think, "God is in his heaven and all is right in the world." Until mom started bitching that I should be helping her do something...anything. She had just finished washing one side of the 6' white plastic fence and I suspect she wanted me to do the other side. I opted not. Instead I chose to trim the bushes out front. Yes, that was an equally tedious and hot chore; but I took joy in watching the previously scraggly bushes take on a nicely manicured, roundish shape.

Mom hates that I planted multi-color zinnias around the mailbox last year, especially since they are perennials and come back every year. She says they are too tall, but I think they are just right.



Patsy

No comments:

Post a Comment